Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

New year Post: A Meandering


With every new year comes so much self-evaluation. We ask ourselves whether this is who we want to be and what we can change to make life perfect. I don't see anything wrong with this. In fact to strive and look for new projects to tackle is the definition of happiness to me. Years ago I read 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho, I remember it only vaguely however there was one passage that has not left me. In it a character talks about his desire to visit Mecca and that, essentially, that desire, that aim keeps him going, because what would he do with himself if he'd already met his goal?
“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” 
This time last year I was pregnant and waiting for my daughter to make an appearance. Now I am amazed at how time drags and goes quickly all at once. Having her has not diminished the desires I have for myself. Everyone said having a child would change my life, but I am not sure I agree. It has in some practical ways and not at all in others. I thought it would change me as a person, but instead it has revealed to me aspects of myself I didn't see before.