Pages

Monday 8 May 2017

A Time for Play


I have been itching to try printmaking for years now. Our local community college doesn't do these classes, but I found a new place called Roots+Wings that is a preschool as well as offering adult classes.

I have become a firm believer in the importance of spaces that are pleasant to be and work in. This school immediately had me in love. It smelled of art supplies, was full of art stuff but was tidy, modern and spacious. It was a treat just to look around at the projects the children had been doing, I almost wanted to go home and wake my daughter up to make something. 


The atmosphere inspired a sense of play in me and the other students. You can keep your spas, this is how I find time for me. Imagine how different the world would be if we made more time for this kind of play instead of sitting while someone painted our toe nails...